These are the basic requirements for installing Windows 10 on a PC. If your device does not meet these requirements, you may not have the great experience intended with Windows 10 and might want to consider purchasing a new PC.
||1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
|Hard drive size:
||32GB or larger hard disk
Note: See below under “More information on hard drive space to install or update Windows 10” for more details.
||Compatible with DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
||Internet connectivity is necessary to perform updates and to download and take advantage of some features. Windows 10 Pro in S mode, Windows 10 Pro Education in S mode, Windows 10 Education in S mode, and Windows 10 Enterprise in S mode require an internet connection during the initial device setup (Out of Box Experience or OOBE), as well as either a Microsoft account (MSA) or Azure Activity Directory (AAD) account. Switching a device out of Windows 10 in S mode also requires internet connectivity. Learn more about S mode here.
Microsoft Windows 11 Home Edition Requirements
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS, 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800×600 screen resolution or higher
- Built-in security features include antivirus, firewall, and internet protections
- Scan your face or fingerprint with Windows Hello for a fast, secure, and password-free way to unlock your PC.*
- Focus assist allows you to block notifications, sounds, and alerts for some distraction-free work time.
- Your timeline provides a quick and easy way to scroll your most recent documents, apps, and websites
- Microsoft Photos is a simple way to organize, search, edit, and share your photos and videos.**
- Instantly stream live gameplay, take screen recordings, and control individual audio settings with Game bar.
Windows 11 Pro: The Next Generation of Windows
Windows 11 Pro brings a whole new set of features and improvements over its predecessor, Windows 10. With its sleek design, redesigned Start menu, and powerful performance enhancements, Windows 11 Pro is the ultimate operating system for professionals and power users alike.
One of the standout features is the Snap Layouts, which allows you to effortlessly organize your open windows and multitask like a pro. You’ll also love the Virtual Desktops feature, which lets you create separate workspaces for different tasks, making it easier than ever to stay organized.
Windows 11 Home
Windows 11 Home comes with all the features and creature comforts you can expect from Windows 11, including Windows Hello, Secure Boot, Windows Security, parental controls, device encryption, and more